• Did your mobile broadband operator put you on a tight monthly data plan?
• Want to get updated of your usage without having to check your stats with the help of a computer?
• Ever left home thinking that maybe you should have left the lights on?
• Already in bed and forgot to switch off all the lights downstairs?
• Does your entire neighborhood know what time your lights go on when you're away on holiday?
• Need to turn on your computer before reaching it?
• How about arriving home to a nice hot cup of coffee after spending an hour or more in terrible traffic?
• Does your webcam/server crash whenever you're out of town?
Folks, it's official: Those days are over!
Now you can combine your Dovado PRO (or 4GR/UMR) with a Telldus TellStickTM or a Gembird SilverShield Power Manager and you've got yourself a really nifty home-automation solution!
With this combination, you'll be able to remotely control all the lights and appliances in your home by sending an SMS from your mobile phone!
With the TellStickTM, you'll have the extra benefit of wirelessly controlling all the appliances throughout your home. In order to control an appliance's power switching capability, you will need to have a compatible wireless receiverplugged into the wall-socket which will be controlled by the TellStickTM.
See the following video demonstration of how this is done:
Available Control Methods
iPhone / Android mobile application: Dovado Remote Control
Visit www.dovado.com/apps for further information.
SMS Remote Control
If your SIM card and USB modem support SMS in the Dovado PRO or Dovado 4GR, then you'll be able to employ this feature to remotely power appliances on and off from your mobile phone. A short text command can be sent from your phone to administer this task instantly. You can control a single receiver or all, if you like.
A few examples of short text commands are:
• "Lamp1 on" and "Lamp1 off": where "Lamp1" is a configurable alias name of a receiver that can be turned on or off by SMS.
• "All on" and "All off" : where "All" represents all the units on the alias list of configured wireless receivers.
HTTP (Web) Control
If you're running a Dynamic DNS service/static IP address on your Dovado PRO or Dovado 4GR, you can access it from outside your network, and take manual control over the TellStick Home Automation user interface.
allows you to schedule in events to power on/off individual/all devices around the home. Besides applying general daily rules, it also allows you to create specific one-time events. The automation scheduler can also work according to daily times of sunrise and sunset. This feature requires you enter your GPS co-ordinates or use a compatible GPS USB dongle with your PRO or 4GR.
API (Application Programme Interface):
Example: DovTelCon, the Dovado TellStick Controller!
Utilizes the embedded API option, and can control all devices for Home Automation, such as TellStick, GemBird and Wake-on-LAN.
To download, please visit http://dovtelcon.buecke.com
Home Automation Controllers
TellStick - Wireless control
• Made by Telldus Technologies
• Frequency: 433.92Mhz (ISM band)
• Range: 30 meters
• Connectivity: USB1.1 / USB2.0
• Supported number of wallplugs: Unlimited
Gembird - Wired control
Gembird SilverShield Power Manager specifications:
• Made by Gembird
• Connectivity: USB1.1 / USB2.0
• Supported number of controllable sockets: EG-PMS2 (4 sockets). Legacy models: mSIS-PM (1 socket), SIS-PM (4 sockets).