As the title implies, here are the most common questions we get. Though we are constantly updating the documentation within the router’s Web Manual (upon logging into the router) with each new firmware update, there are some good pointers available on the FAQ with further detail.
• Check that you are using the EXACT same APN in the router as you are in the dialer software in the computer.
• Check that you are using the USB modem in the exact same angle and position when conducting speeds tests with/without the router involved.
• If you're using a 4G modem, make sure you separate the router and modem at least 55 cm with USB cable to avoid interference between WLAN and 4G. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for more information on this issue: http://www.dovado.com/4G/
• Check the speed with a network cable to a LAN port on the router in case you are using WLAN.
• Disconnect all other computers as they might be downloading updates in the background
• Make sure the Dovado router aswell as the USB modem have the latest stable firmwares.
Go to System -> Network Settings and deselect Let the router select safe settings. Select the appropriate preset from the drop-down menu (3G General or Net 1/ICE.net/CDMA). Save settings and then restart the router.
If none of these suggestions work you may have to set the MTU manually. Please see the next question for instructions on this.